Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14

Good morning all! The end of the Academic semester is quickly approaching, and I am feeling extremely overwhelmed! I am so excited to get to go home to Fairhope and spend the holidays with my family and friends, but I am having such a difficult time keeping focused on all the things of the day and getting my to-do list checked off.  This got me thinking that everyone probably feels this way at certain times. I think it is so easy to lose focus on today and everything that goes along with it. I tend to worry about the future, or even excitedly anticipate something about the future, and then I completely blow off today. This, however, is not what God desires for our lives! He wants us to fully live in each day, faithfully trusting him to sort out the details of the future.

“Live Today! Do not allow your spirit to be softened of your happiness to be limited by a day you cannot have back or a day that does not yet exist.” (Steve Maraboli)

Daily Thanks: Today I am thankful for a moment to slow down and just enjoy the present with a cup of my favorite tea.


How will you enjoy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment