Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4

I hope everyone has had a beautiful Monday morning and a great weekend! I had so much fun in St. Louis, but am also happy to be getting back into the swing of things here at school. Today I have received so much encouragement from my morning devotion, and I wanted to pass it along to you. It deals with the topic of God’s calling in your life and being faced with a task that may seem impossible. I am a strong believer that God calls each and every one of us to something special in life. He saved us and redeemed us, and uses us as tools in his plan to further his kingdom. “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine” (Isaiah 43:1).  When dealing with God’s calling in my own life I have been faced with three reoccurring problems. These problems include getting wrapped up in my own selfish plans for my life, feeling inadequate for the task set before me, and not trusting God to provide the means to carry out his plan. My devotion this morning gave me such a powerful reminder that went a little something like this: There is no greater and more satisfying station in life than to live for and carry out God’s will, and also that you will never be enough! At first this seems terrifying, but really nothing could be of greater comfort! You will never be enough for the task God has for you, so we continually have to rely on him for strength and sustenance! We do what little we can and have faith in God for the rest! I have been so blessed to have a beautiful example of this in my life. My good friend Emily is a passionate Christian who truly has God’s will at the center of her heart. She is passionate about ending sex trafficking and reaching out to those in Afghanistan, and is not discouraged by the size of this task. She is a wonderful example of true faith in the Lord’s provision! I encourage everyone to check out her song!
Daily Thanks: Today I am thankful for the opportunity to learn, supportive friends and family, and a God who loves me enough to take care of the details!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment