Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 8

Happy Sunday Everyone! A few days ago I got back from my trip to California, and wanted to share a few of my photos with you all! I had so much fun, and came back completely relaxed (minus a ride home on the world's smallest plane with a faulty smoke detector). The scenery was so beautiful with the mountains and the ocean all in one spot! Each morning I would walk across the street and have breakfast at this restaurant on the water and read for a few hours, then I would lay out at the beach or the pool, walk around down town, go for a run, or try out some of the amazing restaurants in the city! I also had the chance to go to one of the farmers markets that the city has every week. There was tons of produce, honey, street
performers, and artists. It was such a great time! It was incredible how much this community valued time spent in the outdoors, and how much they respected and took care of their outdoor spaces (I mean these people REALLY love riding bikes!) If I learned anything from my time in Santa Barbara It would be to slow down and enjoy the moment more, and also to make more time for enjoying the outdoors. I will certainly be making a point to take more bare foot walks through the grass each day. Although being there was a blast, and I would absolutely love to go back, I am so glad to be home and enjoying my sweet home town on the gulf coast.I hope that everyone has a blessed Sunday, and takes a little time to enjoy the Day the Lord has made. From where I'm sitting it is a beautiful one!
How will you enjoy today? 



No comments:

Post a Comment