Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood…All throughout our lives we are forced to make decisions. To dream big, or shrink back for fear of failure; to put ourselves out there and evolve, or remain what we have always been. One of my most recent bible studies dealt with this same topic. It stated that “when God gave us his spirit, he enabled us to live beyond our natural ability and strength, and that this is why it is so wrong of us to measure our energy and ability levels against the challenges ahead of us.” When we do this we are saying that our challenges are our own and that God is not enough. This is certainly not true! All thru history, in our own lives, and especially in the bible, seemingly unequipped people are used to accomplish the most incredible tasks. Moses was a murderer, but was used by God to lead his people. Saul was a persecutor and killer of Christians, but God changed his heart and his life. You are being used in this same way.  It is not a matter of our competence every day, but of our faith is Christ and his will for our life. One of the best illustrations of this comes from my own life. My mom is one of the most amazing people I know. Not only is she an incredible wife and mother (to my sister, my two special needs brothers, and I), but she is also brilliant, hardworking, and above all, humble! In her early
forties, she decided to go back to school to become a BCBA so that she could help my brothers and others with special needs. This is an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. Although she doubted herself along the way, she went on to be one of the few people that pass the test to become a certified BCBA. This is a beautiful demonstration of how God can take someone who thinks they are incapable (she is certainly one of the most capable people I know), and accomplish great things through them. She is now working on her PhD in psychology, and whether or not she finishes it, she is such an example to me and those around her of living a life by faith and not sight. No matter how unsure she may be, she relies on God’s will for her life. This is such a blessing to be able to observe first hand! I hope that each one of you will pray to be sensitive to God’s will for your life, and allow him to accomplish his glorious plan through you despite how inadequate you may feel! It is not about our ability, It is his and it is infinite!
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I-I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." (Robert Frost)
Daily thanks: Today I am thankful for my crazy, smart, beautiful, best-friend of a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment