Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 29

After two weeks in St. Louis, I am feeling like the luckiest girl in the world! Not only did I get to reunite with two of the most special people I have ever known (Ross and Mireya Johnson), but I also had the pleasure of getting to know several selfless families who are going out into the mission field this year! They say that if the earth were flat, you could see a single candle flickering in the dark from up to 30 miles away. That is a pretty amazing fact, but also very similar to the way in which God is working through these families. God
calls us to shine his light to the world, and the people I met in the last two weeks exemplify what it means to fulfill this task. “"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:14-16). I have been so humbled to be able to serve these families for a brief moment on their individual journeys, and although two weeks is a short time, I am sure that my sweet new friends will remain in my heart for a lifetime. I have been refreshed and reminded that it is my duty to serve and shine the light of God even here in Alabama. I have also received an even deeper sense of excitement for my dreams of becoming a missionary myself!

Daily thanks: Today I am so thankful for the opportunities that have been set before me, and for friends who treat me like family.

No comments:

Post a Comment