Tuesday, June 28, 2016

PB and Banana Smoothie!

Today I am thankful for a slow paced summer and a chance to perfect my smoothie recipes. This past weekend was one for the books. It was spent at the beach with my family having a few drinks, eating a lot of seafood, and catching a little bit too much sun. Although the beach was a blast, this morning I am feeling a little sun burnt and in need of a junk food detox! I figured since I was making one of my favorite peanut butter and banana green smoothies for breakfast, it would be the perfect opportunity to share the recipe with you guys! It is super delicious, easy to make, and only requires a few ingredients!

You will need:
2 cups Fresh spinach
1 frozen banana
2 Tbs PB2 powdered peanut butter
¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
½ cup almond milk



I like to start by combining the spinach, milk, and yogurt together, blending them until they are smooth. Next I chop the frozen banana up into several pieces to make it easier to blend (the whole frozen banana jammed up my blender the first time). Finally I add the powdered peanut butter. This stuff is awesome because it is really easy to work with and has 85% less fat calories than normal peanut butter! PB2 also comes in chocolate flavor which goes great in this same recipe.  This is my go-to green smoothie and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment