Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23

As it would seem, I did not make good on my promise to post more since my last post, which was about my sister’s wedding and my best friend engagement. Since then, my sister has had a baby and my best friend had her wedding and is expecting her fist baby in about two months…guess I let time get away from me. A lot has changed since my October 23 update. I graduated from the University of Alabama with a degree in biology and said goodbye to my Tuscaloosa home. I am now living back on the Gulf Coast awaiting my first day of classes at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine where I will be starting my M1 year! Although life is moving especially fast these days, I am trying to use my last few months of freedom to really slow down and enjoy the summer. Today I did that by making fresh zucchini bread with my sister and mom using zucchini from my sisters garden. By that I mean me and my mom watched my sister make bread. I wish I had a picture of the zucchini to post because they were the biggest I have ever seen (the biggest was 3 ½ pounds!) We made both traditional and chocolate zucchini bread and they turned out great! In addition to enjoying some time with my mom and sister in the kitchen, it was nice to cook and eat something relatively healthy! I just got back from a ten day trip to Los Angeles, where I ate what I’m sure was enough calories for an entire month… only to finish it off when I got home with Chinese takeout dinner from my favorite spot in Fairhope. It goes without saying that I am looking forward to getting back to clean eating and running after my trip!

For anyone who would like to try and make their own zucchini bread, I am attaching the links to both recipes below! These are amazing recipes and are super easy to make! Each batch makes about two loaves of bread and they are the best I have tasted so far! Hope you enjoy!

Recipe Links!



No comments:

Post a Comment