Saturday, December 28, 2013

December 28

There is no way to predict the future, and sometimes when we are faced with it, it is about as approachable as an ice cold pool. We can choose to move forward and take the plunge or become stagnant and full of apprehension and doubt. I have come to know two things: There is nothing more horrifying than the unknown and that one of our greatest challenges is overcoming the possibility of failure.
In a world that is constantly putting emphasis on succeeding and achieving it is incredibly simple for us to attach our worth to our actions and accolades. This helps to explain the fear of failure, because what are we really without achievement? The world would probably say “not much”, but if you look to God’s word you will see that he calls us “Fearfully and wonderfully made”. This is an intrinsic worth, and not based on any action of our own but instead the actions of someone who cannot fail. In this we should find unspeakable joy and unshakable confidence.  We all have aspirations and dreams, but they do not come without hard work and persistence.  When you are feeling weighed down or fearful of the future, unable to make your next move, remember God’s promise to each of us. “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11). Recently I had the opportunity of learning an important lesson from someone who is very special to me. This person demonstrated to me what incredible things God can bring about when you commit and surrender to his plan and give him your full dedication. In moments when you feel like you have nothing left or are unqualified for the task at hand, have the will and the desire to persist. This left a lasting impression with me and I wanted to pass it along to all of my readers.  Take the plunge! Take a risk and go for your dream, and when you are emotionally and physically drained call on God and he will pull you through.

Daily Thanks: Today I am thankful for the incredible people God has placed in my life to teach me the lessons that matter

No comments:

Post a Comment