Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8

Today is the first day of class here at the University of Alabama, and the semester seems to be off to a stellar start. I am so happy to be back here with my amazing friends and my roomies! A brand new year and a new semester all equal a fresh start, and I am really hoping to do things a little differently this year. I want to see more, learn more, and do more for those around me. My New Year’s resolution this year is to refocus. I don’t want to achieve more, lose weight, or give anything up, I simply want to love those around me more fully as Christ does. This is not anything I can do on my own. I am constantly praying that my eyes can be opened and that I will be humbled, so that
I can be a resource for others. One of my favorite quotes comes from C.S Lewis “True humility isn’t thinking less of yourself; It is thinking of yourself less.” I think this quote is pretty neat, because it captures a common mistake that most of us tend to make. I sometimes feel that if I put myself down or point out my flaws to other people, that I am being humble. This is untrue and it is kind of a lazy-lie I tell myself. If I can give the illusion of humility, then I no longer feel obligated to go out of my way to build others up, take time to help my neighbor, and put others before myself. These are the things that make Christ happy, not that I pointed out to my friends what a bad hair day I am having.  I am so grateful for the support of all of my readers. I hope I can serve as a source of encouragement to you guys as much as you do for me. I am truly blessed.

Daily Thanks: Today I am thankful for an awesome morning run (A little on the chilly side, 16 degrees…burr), cranberry walnut oatmeal, and a fresh start.
What will you do differently this year?

P.S. I am now accepting prayer requests! I always include my readers in my daily prayers, but I would absolutely love the chance to pray for you individually! The best way to submit your prayer request is by sending me a message on The Humble Bee Facebook page (The Humble Bee)or by email (thehumblebee00@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment