Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 30

Today is the third day in a row that classes have been cancelled. It’s funny how God works sometimes. Just when I am starting to get overwhelmed with studying for my first exams, I get a three day break! It has been so wonderful, and such an awesome opportunity to catch up on everything. Although the down time has been much appreciated, I am ready to get back to my normal busy schedule and continue with my classes! I have had so much free time today that I experimented with a new recipe for lunch. I made quinoa and yellow squash patties, and they were DEElicious (recipe at the bottom of the post) I hope everyone has an incredible Friday and a great weekend!
Daily Thanks: Today I am thankful for time to reorganize and clear my mind, and for being surrounded by people I don’t deserve.  ““You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house” (Matthew 5:14-15)

Quinoa and Squash Patties

You will need:
-1/2 cup quinoa
- ½ TBS Tuscan olive oil
-1/3 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
-1 egg
-1/2 cup shredded cheese
-bread crumbs
-sunflower seed oil

Add quinoa, olive oil, squash, salt and pepper to boiling water (two parts water for ever one part quinoa. These measurements should be on the package). Cook until quinoa is tender and all liquid is absorbed.

In a separate bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, egg, and cheese. Roll mixture into 1 ½ inch rounds, folding in bread crumbs as needed (these should help hold your patties together and make them more manageable for cooking). Sear rounds in hot sunflower seed oil (about 1 TBS should do) until both sides are golden brown. Enjoy! Hope you guys like this recipe as much as I did! Also, these can be stored in the refrigerator/ freezer and reheated in the over at 3:25 for 7 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment